On March 3, you may qualify for a free helping hand with your taxes this year. Assembly Speaker John A. Pérez and the Office of State Controller are offering free tax preparation services, which provide service for filing your State and Federal tax return free of charge to low-income and moderate-income residents with household incomes of $50,000 or less. This services will be provided on Saturday, March 3rd, 2012 from 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Santee Education Complex (1921 S. Maple Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90011). Please RSVP at (213) 620-4646 to schedule a required appointment to receive free tax preparation services. Bring a photo ID, social security card or individual taxpayer identification number for all family members, all earnings statements (W-2’s, 1099’s, Social Security Income), a copy of prior-year tax return, bank account & routing number for direct deposit, tuition fees & expenses, expenses paid for child/day care, and landlord’s name, address and phone number for the CA Renter’s Credit.
Taxpayers should bring the following items:
· Valid Photo ID
· Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification for all family members
· All W-2’s, 1098’s, and 1099’s (if any)
· Copy of Prior-Year Tax Return
· Bank Account and Routing Number for Direct Deposit of your refund of Direct Debit of your balance due
· Other income/expense information
· Total Tuition Fees & Expenses
· Day Care Providers Identifying Number
· Landlord’s name, address and phone number for the CA Renter’s Credit
If you would like to take advantage of this service please contact (213) 620-4646 for an appointment time.