What is Healthy Way LA?
Healthy Way LA is a no-cost health care program available to low-income residents of Los Angeles County. People who qualify for the program can choose from more than 100 different locations to receive health care.
Who is eligible?
Adults who meet the following criteria:
- Are United States citizens or have been legal permanent resident for at least five years
- Are Los Angeles County residents
- Are between 19 and 64 years of age
- Have a monthly income at or below 133% of the Federal Poverty Level, or $1,207 per month for a family of one.
- Are not pregnant and not eligible for Medi-Cal or Healthy Families
How do I enroll?
To enroll in Healthy Way LA you must fill out an application and provide proof of citizenship/legal resident status, Los Angeles County residency, personal identification, and income. Your original documents will be photocopied and returned to you. Some examples of acceptable documents are:
- U.S. Passport
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- U.S. Birth Certificate or Military Record
- Driver’s License, School Identification with photo, or U.S. Military Identification card
- Evidence of income (i.e., current paycheck stubs, Federal Income Tax Return, California Unemployment or Disability income, award letters, etc.)
Where to apply for Healthy Way LA*:
Harbor/UCLA Medical Center
Patient Financial Services
1000 West Carson Street
Torrance, CA 90509
LAC+USC Medical Center
1100 N. State Street, Room A6F
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Olive View/UCLA Medical Center
14445 Olive View Drive
2nd Floor, Room 2D142
Sylmar, CA 91342
Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center
7601 E. Imperial Hwy, Building 602
Downey, CA 90242
High Desert Health System
Munsie Building – ORSA/HWLA Office
44900 North 60th St. West
Lancaster, CA 93536
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Multi-Service Ambulatory Care Center
12021 S. Wilmington Ave.,
Floor 5A, Room 7
Los Angeles, CA 90059
*Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please click here for a PDF version of a printable notice that you will need to take with you for HWLA. For help or additional information call 877-333-HWLA.