The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) signed into law on February 17, 2009, allocates the majority of funding through existing formula grants. Some projects in such areas as infrastructure and energy efficiency may be allocated through competitive grant awards or directly by the State. The private sector will be able to pursue funding opportunities through State and local governments which will use stimulus funds to contract for services such as constructing and repairing highways and bridges, job training, weatherization, community development, nutrition, and child care, which will be funded by the Federal grants received by the local governments. Information on how the County is accessing and using stimulus funds is available online. Other important links and information regarding the stimulus funds are listed below.
- Health Information Technology, LA Network for Enhanced Services Project
- Parks and Recreation Youth Worker Programs
- Stimulus Funds to be Used for At-Risk Youth Employment Development Programs
- Streamlining Process to Begin Stimulus Projects
- County of LA Internet Site on Stimulus Funds
- Official Site of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
- Small Business Administration’s ARRA Website