The Los Angeles County Department of Parks and Recreation has a summer of fun activities in store for Los Angeles County youth and families. The first of many programs began on Saturday, June 25, 2011; with the opening of 14 pools for free recreational swimming. Recreational Summer Swim is now open to the public until Monday, September 5. Recreational pool hours are from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
In addition to offering recreational swimming, the pool will also offer swim lessons, dive team, swim team, Junior Lifeguard training, water polo, Masters Swimming and adult lap swim. Most activities are free, including daily recreational swimming. Swim lessons are only $20.00 per two-weeks (10 days) of instruction (first come, first served).
Patrons interested in swimming programs and activities may contact the aquatic office at (310) 965-8638, Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Summer Swimming will be offered at the following parks:
- Cerritos Park – 19700 S. Bloomfield Avenue, Cerritos, CA 90701
- Cal High – 9401 Painter Avenue, Whittier, CA 90605
- Roy Campanella Park – 14812 Stanford Avenue, Compton, CA 90020
- Helen Keller Park – 1045 W. 126th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90044
- Mona Park – 2291 E. 121st Street, Compton, CA 90222
- Victoria Park – 419 E. 192nd Street, Carson, CA 90745
- Ted Watkins Park – 1335 E. 103rd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90002
- Athens Park – 12603 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90061
- Enterprise Park – 13055 Clovis Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90059
- Leon H. Washington Park – 8908 S. Maie Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90002
- Jesse Owens Park – 9651 S. Western Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90047
- Lennox Park – 10828 S. Condon Avenue, Lennox, CA 90304
- Carver Park – 1400 E. 118th St., Los Angeles, CA 90059
- Bethune Park – 1244 E. 61st St., Los Angeles, CA 90001