- Second District
The Los Angeles General Plan Update will guide growth and development in the unincorporated areas of Los Angeles County through the year 2035. It provides a framework of goals, policies and implementation strategies centered on the theme of sustainability – basically how to meet our current needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their economic, social and environmental needs. Major policies include:
- Expanding Transit Oriented Districts (TODs) to focus growth in areas with existing infrastructure and access to transit choices.
- Promoting Mixed-Use to encourage higher-density commercial/residential development along identified major commercial corridors within proposed TODs.
- Expanding Significant Ecological Areas to ensure long-term biotic diversity in the County without precluding development in those areas.
- Creating Employment Protection Districts to ensure that valuable industrial land remains available for quality jobs-producing industries and businesses.
- Protecting Agricultural Resources by recognizing the importance of local agriculture and protecting it from incompatible surrounding development.
The Revised Draft General Plan and Land Use Policy Maps can be found here.
Click here to look up any parcel in the unincorporated areas to find out its current and proposed land use designations and other related information.
The General Plan Update is lengthy and comprehensive in scope. If you are interested in particular information, please contact the General Plan Update Team at (213) 974-6417 or email@example.com and they will provide you with the specific information you are looking for. Your comments and questions are welcome.